longstreath.com: training and work - longstreath.com

Page 1 of 1

training and work

#1 Guest_Richie_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:39 PM

I am looking in doing my commerical diving course in may.I am stuck between two training provides,Pro Diving Academy in dunoon or Underwater centre in fort william.Could someone advise me on the best centre,also once qualified were should I look for work.

#2 Guest_bruiser_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:07 AM

PDA Dunoon - if only for the extras you get, drysuit, waterproofs, manual, knife. All things that will cost you extra money. Underwater Centre - Course costs extra, and you'll get a pair of Overalls and a T-shirt!!! As for the training, I went to Fort Bill and have no complaints - I've certainly had work. But know plenty who've been to PDA and say it's good there - at the end of the day same course, same qual - PDA cheaper, but you'll need your own accom. (Fort Bill provide accom and food, but at a large extra cost.) If I had my time again - I would go to PDA.
As for work, send CVs to everyone on the contacts list you can get on here - concentrate on Civils companies to start with, no harm in trying offshore though but unlikely, and be prepared to sit around for a long time until the first job happens. More divers than work at the mo, you could have long periods between jobs, so have something else you can do when there's no diving work That said, I enjoy it and make a living, sometimes only just!!! But good luck.

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users