longstreath.com: Career Oppurtunities - longstreath.com

Page 1 of 1

Career Oppurtunities

#1 Guest_Steven_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:57 PM

Hey everyone, so im leaving college soon and was just wondering about the possible routes to take? and if anything, the prospects in the commercial diving industry.I've heard theres a lot of exageration from the training schools about the availability of wok at the moment and Im interested too see if theres any truth to people saying theres a lack of work, or if the industries still strong as the schools are claiming.

Also, I was looking at the different careers related to it, and if anyone could tell me anything about Inshore diving, Offshore diving or Life Support Technicians that would a great help.

Thanks, Steven.

#2 Guest_james_*

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:41 PM

View PostSteven, on 14 October 2011 - 12:57 PM, said:

Hey everyone, so im leaving college soon and was just wondering about the possible routes to take? and if anything, the prospects in the commercial diving industry.I've heard theres a lot of exageration from the training schools about the availability of wok at the moment and Im interested too see if theres any truth to people saying theres a lack of work, or if the industries still strong as the schools are claiming.

Also, I was looking at the different careers related to it, and if anyone could tell me anything about Inshore diving, Offshore diving or Life Support Technicians that would a great help.

Thanks, Steven.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:18 PM

Hi Steven ,
Have you looked at the Armed forces for a starting point ?
Both the Army and Royal Navy have commercial divers who get HSE qualification . The Army only have around 300 Diver within the Royal engineers and a few in the Royal Logistics Corps , you may struggle to gain lots of hours over a short period in the Army yet they are more focused on Engineering than the Navy . The Navy is easier to get into diving with as there are more of them and you can join straight as a diver unlike the Army where its only a second job and often you boss wont let you go diving . The navy is great to get loads of time in the water and i believe they get paid more and treat better .

I hope that helps

James

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users