Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steven

Career Oppurtunities

Guest Steven

Hey everyone, so im leaving college soon and was just wondering about the possible routes to take? and if anything, the prospects in the commercial diving industry.I've heard theres a lot of exageration from the training schools about the availability of wok at the moment and Im interested too see if theres any truth to people saying theres a lack of work, or if the industries still strong as the schools are claiming.

Also, I was looking at the different careers related to it, and if anyone could tell me anything about Inshore diving, Offshore diving or Life Support Technicians that would a great help.

Thanks, Steven.

Guest james

Hey everyone, so im leaving college soon and was just wondering about the possible routes to take? and if anything, the prospects in the commercial diving industry.I've heard theres a lot of exageration from the training schools about the availability of wok at the moment and Im interested too see if theres any truth to people saying theres a lack of work, or if the industries still strong as the schools are claiming.

Also, I was looking at the different careers related to it, and if anyone could tell me anything about Inshore diving, Offshore diving or Life Support Technicians that would a great help.

Thanks, Steven.

Guest Guest

Hi Steven ,

Have you looked at the Armed forces for a starting point ?

Both the Army and Royal Navy have commercial divers who get HSE qualification . The Army only have around 300 Diver within the Royal engineers and a few in the Royal Logistics Corps , you may struggle to gain lots of hours over a short period in the Army yet they are more focused on Engineering than the Navy . The Navy is easier to get into diving with as there are more of them and you can join straight as a diver unlike the Army where its only a second job and often you boss wont let you go diving . The navy is great to get loads of time in the water and i believe they get paid more and treat better .

I hope that helps

James